Menlo-Atherton Rugby is excited to announce a merger with Peninsula Youth Rugby to form the East Palo Alto Razorhawks! M-A Rugby spun out of Razorhawks in 2019 to form a full high school program including Varsity Girls, Varsity Boys and JV. Razorhawks will now offer competitive and community based rugby for local boys ando girls U8's, U10's, U12's, MS Boys, MS Girls, JV Boys, Varsity Girls and Varsity Boys.
Razorhawks is the only boys high school program in the area to play in the highly competitive NorCal Premier League playing perennial national powerhouses SFGG, Danville, Lamorinda, Granite Bay and other top tier programs. Our girls program is open to middle school and high school girls and coached by Stanford alum and former Stanford assistant coach and All Blues Head Coach Katrina Logan.
Razorhawks will be practicing and playing all home games at Rich May Memorial Field, the only local dedicated rugby pitch. Here is this week's schedule:
Boys High School: Tuesday and Thursday from 5-6pm & Saturday 11-1pm
Girls High School and Middle School: Thursday 5-6pm Saturday 9-11am
Our high school program has been focussed on providing pathways to college through rugby and we are proud to have 10 alumni attending and playing rugby at AIC, Adrian College, Cal, and Villanova this year. For the first time we are very excited to partner with The Rugger's Edge a college advisory firm that will be working with our seniors on identifying colleges and advising through the application and essay writing processes.
This coming Tuesday night we have our first College Night with M-A and Eastside College prep hosted by EPATT in the portable next to our home field at Rich May Field at 7pm. This is a free service and a tremendous opportunity for all of our seniors and open to all of our high schoolers.
Our non-contact fall program will be focussed on developing a love for the sport of rugby, ball skills, and fitness in preparation for our spring seasons.
We are looking forward to seeing our players and parents out at Rich May Field soon and on Tuesday night for College Night!
Our club has worked hard to get as many players as we can into college to continue their academic and rugby journeys. It takes a rugby family to achieve that - including players, coaches, parents, sponsors, volunteers, and our wonderful supporters. This year we have 10 M-A Rugby alums attending AIC, Adrian College, Cal, Cal Poly, Villanova and Santa Barbara City College. ALL of our student-athletes have a pathway to attend college, if they are willing to put in the work.
Click here to read about our alums and where they have gone.
WEEKLY SCHEDULE SUMMARY
7's team practices:
Please arrive 10 minutes before practice so we can follow COVID safety protocols.
- Thursdays: 5 - 6pm
- Saturdays: 9:00 - 11:00am
All practices are held at Rich May Field, EPA . Please arrive 10 minutes before practice so we can follow COVID safety protocols.
COVID - HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS FOR PRACTICES
Player Drop Off
- Players must arrive ten minutes before practice starts and arrive wearing a face mask
- Players will be directed to the designated waiting area.
Symptom Check by the Club
- Players will be asked if they have any symptoms of illness including, but not limited to: high temperature/fever/chills, cough, sore throat, sneezing, headache, body aches, new loss of sense of taste or smell, difficulty breathing, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, or fatigue.
- Players answering YES will not be allowed to enter the facility or practice.
- Players will have their temperature checked.
- Any participant or coach that exhibits any viral symptoms or has a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher will not be allowed onto the fields. If a fever is found, the coach or athlete should contact their local physician and self-isolate for 14 days unless a negative test is confirmed beforehand.
- No spectators, parents etc. will be permitted onsite. Participants will be dropped off for practice and picked up afterward, there will be no areas designated for spectators.
- Carpooling is not allowed.
- After practice players will retrieve any items they brought with them from the kit area
- A 15-minute gap will be placed between practice groups to limit the number of persons in
- contact and provide a connected group for contact tracing purposes.
THE M-A RUGBY STORE IS OPEN!
For one week only, you can come to our M-A Rugby store and get your swag and help support M-A Rugby!
100% of the funds we raise go towards scholarships for players who can't afford their club dues.